Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, April 1, 2013 3:21:05 PM(UTC)

This job is not too difficult if you know how to handle a simple tools. The instructions are attached to the post.

Gene.
shanodog Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:05:49 AM(UTC)

Thank you Gene. Is it an easy replacement? Do you have any tips?

Thank you so much!
Gene Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 4:18:33 PM(UTC)

Hello,

Sounds like the problem is a bad Bake igniter. Check for 120 VAC to the igniter while the control calls for Bake. If the reading is correct, replace the igniter.

- The oven igniter Part number: WB2X9154
Part number: WB2X9154

Gene.
shanodog Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 9:31:38 AM(UTC)

Gene, it has been over a year and the stove top works great! Now I get a call from the wife telling me that the oven is not 'heating up'. When I looked, it appears not to ignite. I smell a little gas, but no flame. I tried the broiler, and that fired up with no problem. I know she's looking for a new unit, but hey, I have to keep my man card intact!
Gene Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:51:27 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Sorry we could not really help you this time.

Gene.
tylex Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:42:35 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene for all the info. At least I know what the issues are. You guys are running a great forum.

Ty
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:32:16 AM(UTC)

Hello Ty,

Looks like you have to replace the ignition switches for both front burners as well as the spark module. The bad news is that the ignition switches for this range are no longer available. You still can use it with a matches.

Gene.
tylex Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 10:54:15 PM(UTC)

The two rear igniters spark and lites. The right front sparks when I turn on the rear but does not spark on its own. The left front doesn't do anything but can be manually lit. What do you think the problem is? Seems like two different issues with the left and right sides. Thanks in advance Gene.

Ty
Gene Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 7:52:20 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: tylex Go to Quoted Post
...Two of my stove top burners does not click when I turn it on to LITE...

Hello,

Would the igniters for these burners spark if you turn on any other burner?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE JGBS22BEW3WH Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
tylex Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:33:53 PM(UTC)

Hi Gene,

I'm new to this site but after reading all your great advice, it seems my stove top might need a new spark module. I have a GE XL44 model number JGBS22BEW3wh. Two of my stove top burners does not click when I turn it on to LITE but I can light it with a match. Is this the right part number for my replacement: AP2020570? My second question is, I think my stove has sealed burners, so how do I replace the spark module because it looks like its located next to clock assembly in the diagram.