Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
nomi@pacbell.net Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:51:42 PM(UTC)

I have a MBF1985XES1 model matag refrigerator with fridge on top, freezer on the bottom. Since it was brand new it has filled with water in below the freezer baskets which freezes solid until the full, then floods the floor. This seems to be a manufacturer defect rather than a clogged drain. Everything else works perfectly (i.e., the ice cubes are perfect). Do I really have to take it apart and purchase parts to fix it, or has Matag posted any kind of recall to fix this for their customers? I can fix it my self, but was unable to enlarge the diagram provided for the original poster.
foltzy77 Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 11:12:41 AM(UTC)

work to be done will be inside the freezer, remove food and shelves from freezer, remove screws from panel, drain should be in middle under cooling unit with fins, probably won`t see the drain until ice is melted, i used a blow dryer to melt ice until water went down drain, into drain pan under fridge.
alpet Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 5:23:58 AM(UTC)

I have a 1.5 year old Maytag fridge that is occasionally leaking water on the floor. The ice maker is NOT hooked up so it is not that.

This is a Maytag model #MFF2258VEB .. freezer on bottom (french doors above). A layer of ice builds up on the floor of the freezer. We pull the ice out but it builds up again. Every couple weeks we get water leaking out onto the floor.