Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:01:44 AM(UTC)

If your model has a neutral drain then the transmission shift occurs when the timer stops the motor. If the timer is not doing this, then when you open the lid that stops the motor, the shift takes place and the machine can continue.

Hope the lid switch fixes it, let us know how things go.
vahanjan Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:39:57 AM(UTC)

After reading all your posts I ordered lid switch and I am going to replace this weekend, but If it is the timer, than why when I open and close the door, it will continue the process?
sidfink43 Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 5:07:31 PM(UTC)

This sounds like a lid switch problem, but the humming sound is not consistent with the lid swtich issue so I am thinking the timer is more the problem. This model may have a point in the cycle where the timer shuts off the motor and that may not be happening in your situation.
vahanjan Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 4:24:49 PM(UTC)

My Whirlpool Washer will not work in the Rinse Cycle. It completed the wash cycle and then making this humming noise for seconds. If I catch at right moment and open and close the door, then it will continue the washing process, if I dont catch in right moment, then it will stay in same situation. Any suggestions?