Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2021 7:49:45 PM(UTC)

I’m having the same issue. But i think it’s the cooling fan for the magnetron. Without it, the magnetron overheats and that is what is shutting the microwave down.
ChrisL1227 Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:53:38 PM(UTC)

I've been doing some research. Could the problem be the HV Cap or the magnetron??

Hpw do I test the magnetron?
ChrisL1227 Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:39:59 PM(UTC)

Answers to questions underlined.

Originally Posted by: MicrowaveDisplaycom Go to Quoted Post
Just to clarify, does it run for 1-5 minutes, or actually just 1-5 seconds?

It's in minutes. I am working on another (same model) with the same symptoms. The time it took to shut off decreased gradually until now it happens immediately

The difference is important.

And you say it "shuts off and the entire display lites".

How long between the time it stops running and the moment the entire display lights up?

The display lites up immediatley (displays 888888)

Is it immediate, or does it take a few minutes after the shut off for the display to come on?

The display lites up with al 8's (8888888) immediatley. When you press the the reset/cancel button the 8's go away and you can operate teh touch pad normally.

Is the internal cooling fan running?

When I say internal cooling fan, I do not mean the hood vent exhaust fan which you can turn on and off manually.

If you are talking about the fan that cools the magnetron....yes it comes on when the machine is running and stops when the machine shuts off.

I'm instead talking about the internal fan which comes on automatically whenever you microwave.

We have a sound clip of what a microwave should sound like when the cooling fan and high voltage section are operating here.

Once we get these answers, we can offer more specific advice.

Thanks,
Chris
GoodThings Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:15:53 AM(UTC)

Check out the National Class Action Lawsuit filed against GE and Samsung for defective microwaves. Go to Home
ChrisL1227 Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 3:42:39 PM(UTC)

Ihave a SAMSUNG over the range microwave that shuts off. It will run for 1-5 minutes then shuts off and the entire display lites. I can depress the cancel button and it resets the M/W but the problem persists. The problem seems to be progressive, i.e it happens more frequently and sooner as time goes on.

I have already replaced the control panel...did not solve prolem. All of the switches and TCO's appear to test good. My next thought is the control pad, however, I don't know how to test it.

Could not locate the tech sheet (isn't it normally in with the control panel?), which would probably help.

Thanks,
Chris