Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:26:08 PM(UTC)

I would order from this site Part number: AP3885081
Part number: AP3885081
, comes with directions, just be sure to use one of the white boxes specified by the directions.
richappy Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:19:59 PM(UTC)

Bad advice appliance pro. Your advice could burn out the compressor!
First, dress the burnt pin with a dremmel grinding stone, then order and install the factory service start device. Then use a 1000 joule surge protector in the wall outlet, will prevent future problems, I use a Belkin F9H620-CW from Amazon.
appliance pro Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:09:34 AM(UTC)

as long as you sand the terminals on the compressor you can replace the relay.Their is a universal relay available from any appliance parts distributor and it will have the diagram on how to wire it to your compressor.If you have a amprobe check the amp draw when you start the compressor,it may be as high as 10-12 amps on startup but should drop down and run around 1.5 amps.If the amps at startup are 16 or higher the compressor is locked and would need to be replaced.
Den77891 Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:01:01 AM(UTC)

Parts on my Kenmore refrigerator burned out, for no apparent reason. Parts are 2220474 and 2169373, so compressor does not work and no coldness. Repair guy said "usually I just replace these parts and plug them into the compressor, but one of your prongs on the compressor melted away, so you will have to replace the compressor."

There are three prongs coming directly out of the compressor, and one is 1/4 as long as the others. Is there an easy way to fix this? Do they sell prong helper? http://www.retrotechnology.com/aux/fridge.html is exactly like mine except for the short prong.