Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bigshow116 Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 4:41:11 PM(UTC)

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that damper. It does work so it must be frozen somewhere. I have found NO ice. Maybe its in the vent?
woodchuckie Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 4:26:15 PM(UTC)

The fridge gets its cold air from the freezer through a vent(damper) between the freezer and fridge.The fan in the freezer blows air through it. There is a flap you adjust with the fridge temp. control. Make sure it's opening and closing when you adjust the fridge temp .
Your damper control is part 18
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/M0312133-00005.png

If the evaporator coils behind the back panel of the freezer are icing up because of auto defrost failure that will stop the circulation of cold air and eventually affect the freezer too.

check defrost timer, defrost heater, defrost thermostat. In most newer models the timer has been replaced by an electronic control board. If the heater and thermostat are ok it’ll be the control.
bigshow116 Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 3:45:06 PM(UTC)

Typical freezer works, refrig doesn't. I've vacuumed the coils, there is no frost in the freezer. What next?