Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Dan O. Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 11:27:00 AM(UTC)

Quote:
Is there is anything in particular I should be aware of when installing the new glass?

Some inner oven glasses (I don't know about the one of your model) have an almost invisible metallic coating on one side. If used, it should be on the same side as the original glass had it.

To test for such a coating a continuity or resistance test can be performed on flat surface of each side of the glass. Any continuity or resistance measured across that surface would indicate its presence. There might also me a slight appearance difference between the sides.

LINK > How do I test for continuity?

Everything else should be pretty straight-forward.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
rkley Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 5:40:10 AM(UTC)

Thanks Dan! I've ordered my replacement glass.

If there is anything in particular I should be aware of when installing the new glass, please let me know. I'm hoping it's a pretty straight-forward thing once we have the door off and can take a look inside.
Dan O. Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 9:01:16 PM(UTC)

Quote:
Can I replace just the glass or do I need to replace the entire oven door?

You have to replace just the glass as a whole door can not be purchased.

LINK > Whirlpool RBD305PDB12 Inner Upper Door Glass

Quote:
Will it be safe to use the lower unit until we repair the one on top?

Yes use of the lower oven should be unaffected by the breakage and vise versa.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
rkley Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 3:03:55 PM(UTC)

I used the self cleaning function of our oven and attempted to wipe it down with a moist sponge too soon. The water caused the inside of the glass window to crack in multiple places. Can I replace just the glass or do I need to replace the entire oven door?

This happened to the upper unit of a double oven that is installed in the wall. Will it be safe to use the lower unit until we repair the one on top?

Thanks for any help...