Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Leon Warner Posted: Sunday, June 6, 2010 9:48:48 AM(UTC)

I see several people have had this problem with the control lock keeping the dryer from starting. Holding the button 3 seconds and unplugging to reset doesn't work. What was the fix? :confused:
pacas37 Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 9:22:49 AM(UTC)

It was working when I would shut the power off, wait 30 minutes and turn the breaker back on. The dyer would run the cycle and then you would have to reset with the breaker.
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 8:46:31 AM(UTC)

We are dealing with probability here, with the interace board (the one with buttons) being the logical culprit. Unfortunately it could be the control board, or even both.

As you have probably guessed, a service tech has the boards in the truck and merely changes them out until the problem is solved, but you do not have that luxury. If you want to try to fix it you will have to try a board at a time, but I think it is likely the interface board will solve your problem. If not you will have to go to the control board.

Since both of these are pretty costly, you will need to think about whether or not try the repair. This is a pretty good dryer when it works, so I would go for it.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
pacas37 Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 8:16:29 AM(UTC)

It will not go into test mode. Which board is bad? The one with the buttons or the on that sits inside the machine up on top?
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 6:50:16 AM(UTC)

Take off the bottom panel and you should find a tech sheet which will show you how to go into test mode.

If you cannot get the machine to go into test mode your problem is likely (but not certainly) in your user interface board.

Good luck, Let us know what you find out.
pacas37 Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 6:13:19 AM(UTC)

Dryer will not turn on. The control lock light is dimly lit up. The dispaly shows two faint dashes.