Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
applianceman Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 10:15:07 AM(UTC)

I don’t recommend jumping out the board. I would check the door gaskets and make sure the flap in the ice shoot is closed. If everything looks good with those two things I would change the themistor at the top of the evaporator coils (# 241 on parts breakdown). Refrigerator repair guide
moashalex Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 9:28:16 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I replaced the defrost thermostat but after a few weeks, the frost was thick again and I had to manually defrost it. I've since had to do this 2 more times.

I found a forum where someone mentioned that if you jump J9 to J11 on the motherboard, it will turn on the heater. I tried this and verified that the heater does indeed turn on manually.

Are there any other parts I could try to replace? I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks.
woodchuckie Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 5:51:32 AM(UTC)

The defrost thermostat is the only defrost system part left to replace. It clamps on the evaporator. You can test it or just replace it. Refrigerator Repair Guide: How To Fix a Refrigerator - ACME HOW TO.com Part 240 on diagram 3. Replacement parts for GE GSS25WGMDBB | AppliancePartsPros.com

Your motherboard replaces the timer in your model.
moashalex Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 8:12:44 PM(UTC)

Hello,

About 3 weeks ago I noticed frost on the back panel of the freezer and the fridge side was warm. Because of the fact that the auger on the ice machine hadn't worked in years, and based on some limited reading here, I figured I'd replace the motherboard #AP4297272 and see if that would fix everything.

Well, it only fixed the ice maker issue as I continued to have frost in the freezer and warm temps in the fridge. I then took off the back panel in the freezer and saw that the coils were frozen solid. I used a blow-dryer to defrost and saw that the glass tube in the heater was a smokey black. Based on some reading, this seemed to be a sign of a faulty heater so I bought a new heater #AP3183311. Its been 3 weeks and my freezer is frozen again and the fridge is warm.

What should I look at next? I'm confused by some of the things I've read and don't know if my fridge has a defrost timer. Do you think I need to replace the Thermostat #AP3884317 or evaporator fan ( with thermistor ) #AP3191003?

Thanks in advance for your help.