Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
StorageGuy Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:43:16 PM(UTC)

Exact same issue and model! Any response on a fix?
dshiah Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:56:09 AM(UTC)

Hello JHOLT29,

I googled your posted problem regarding displaying "DOOR" error on your microwave. I recently got exactly same problem and wonder how you got it fixed? Can you please advise!

Thank you!
Daniel
JHOLT29 Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:58:29 AM(UTC)

Whirlpool combination oven/microwave built-in unit.
Model # GMC275PDR07
When trying to start microwave, the electronic screen says "DOOR" and unit will not work. Oven still works fine.
I tried shutting down the power at the circuit breaker to see if it would re-set. No success.
Any other ideas?
Thanks!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:17:50 PM(UTC)

If this is an oven/microwave combo then the name plate with the model number is on the Oven door frame.

Gene.
JHOLT29 Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:14:53 PM(UTC)

Gene:
It is a microwave/oven in-the-wall combination. Whirlpool gold. The microwave door drops down (vs. opening on the side). Does that narrow is down? Thanks.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:45:44 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: JHOLT29 Go to Quoted Post
I found this question via a Google search and it is exactly the problem we are having. Unfortunately no answer. This is an in-wall over-microwave combination unit. The only numbers on the inside front of the unit are:
Tag on left side: 8538 791 54001 and under it XNR0568951
Tag on right side: UL FILE NO. E150072SP and under that FCC ID: KAW38AVM726

I'm sure this is likely a door latch sensor of some type, but where is it located and how difficult is it to replace.

Thanks

If this is an over the range microwave then the name plate with the model number should be on the door frame. "XNR0568951" looks like a serial number. The model number should be somewhere around. Usually (if microwave made by Whirlpool) it starts with two or tree letters.

Gene.
JHOLT29 Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 7:44:11 AM(UTC)

I found this question via a Google search and it is exactly the problem we are having. Unfortunately no answer. This is an in-wall over-microwave combination unit. The only numbers on the inside front of the unit are:
Tag on left side: 8538 791 54001 and under it XNR0568951
Tag on right side: UL FILE NO. E150072SP and under that FCC ID: KAW38AVM726

I'm sure this is likely a door latch sensor of some type, but where is it located and how difficult is it to replace.

Thanks
Gene Posted: Friday, December 28, 2007 12:45:46 PM(UTC)

Hi Jay

Most likely the problem with your microwave is a bad door switch.

The model number you posted does not look like a valid model number.

Verify the model number and repost it, please.

Gene.
jayandcarey Posted: Friday, December 28, 2007 12:32:18 PM(UTC)

I used the microwave and it worked normally. Removed that food then placed more of the same in the unit and when I pressed start the word "door" appeared on the screen and it will not start. I have tried repeating it multiple times but not working. I have reset the power to it but still no help. I have someone scheduled to come out but it seems like it should be simple.

thanks, jay