Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 1:12:37 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
ws6s Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 2:59:36 AM(UTC)

ok alls well,thanks gene.
Gene Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 3:08:10 PM(UTC)

Normally it takes about 24 hours to reach a set temperature.

Gene.
ws6s Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:04:02 PM(UTC)

no i didnt check any of that yet but magically its now holding at 0 degrees ?:eek:
Gene Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:24:31 PM(UTC)

How the evaporator coils are covered with frost?

Did you check for continuity the defrost heater?

Gene.
ws6s Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:00:29 AM(UTC)

unbelievable,

i installed the new overtemp thermostat yesterday and checked the freezer this morning and same situation...

25 degrees in freezer and fan is running.
ws6s Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:48:13 AM(UTC)

me to gene,me to

Todd
Gene Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:04:42 PM(UTC)

Hi Todd,

I hope the new overtemperature thermostat will fix it. Keep us posted.

Gene.
ws6s Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:14:39 PM(UTC)

you are correct gene,when i first originally checked the overtemp thermostat i got no reading from it and i guess that is the culprit,anyway thanks .

todd.
Gene Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:50:30 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ws6s Go to Quoted Post
so just tested the overtemp thermostat and no continuity,so basically i replaced the main board and the fan for no reason if this is the culprit.what i do notice is the coils are all iced over when running at its 20 -22 degrees.so does that mean the overtemp thermostat is my only issue.

The very first problem with your refrigerator, reported on December 13, was with the express thaw. The new main control board did fix it (December 22). So it was the reason to replace the main board. Was it?

On December 26 I asked you to check the defrost heater and the overtemperature thermostat for continuity and posted the part number for the overtemperature thermostat. You reply was:
Quote:
...ok thank you gene...
So I assumed you did replace this part and per your reply from January 4th the fridge was working fine.

On January 29th you reported that the fridge is not working properly again. Assuming that the previous problem with the defrost system was fixed, I went on with the further diagnostic.

At this time, based on the information you provided, the overtemperature thermostat maybe the culprit. You did not post any results on the defrost heater test yet.

I absolutely can not diagnose your refrigerator remotely. All my recommendations based on information provided by you.

Gene.