Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kayakcrzy Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 4:04:01 AM(UTC)

Chris turn the dryer on for a minute, and the shut it off. If the sounds is still herd for a few seconds after the dryer is shut off, that would mean the front blower wheeel is broken, and the reason the dryer motor is shutting down is because it is getting hot. That is common problem on that product. Take the front off, and check it. Let me know what you find. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
denman Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 2:44:49 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MAYTAG MDE9706AYW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a service manual
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16023086.pdf

Does sound like the drum is rubbing on something and overloading the motor causing it's thermal cut-off to trip. Run your fingers along the seals at the front and the back of the drum, perhaps something has become jammed in between the drum and the cabinet.

Could be a number of things, you will have to open it up and check it.
Before doing this try to locate the approximate location where the grinding is coming from, this should help find it.

At the top of my list would be the front glides.

Once opened up check all moving parts for wear and replace as necessary, might as well give it an overhaul while you have it open.

Give the interior a good clean and clean/check your vent system.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Chris Jensen Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:10:06 PM(UTC)

My Heavy Duty Maytag Quiet Plus 6-cycle intellidry dryer makes a real loud noise when I turn it on and then it will operate for about 40 minutes before it dies. If I wait for a while, it will turn back on again with the same grinding noise as before and the same results. I can smell a faint smell of something possibly burning; perhaps, the motor is overheating. If the fix is not too complicated or expensive, I can buy the part and do it myself. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong with it? :confused:Thanks. CJ