Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
PabloPicasso Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 10:57:49 AM(UTC)

This is your answer. You might not like it

Household Recycling Trash Compactor - Krushr K012

:)
JPMcCormick Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:57:47 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Amy Fitch Go to Quoted Post
I have a 12" I would like to sell...only in place about a year and used only 5-6 times. It works great. My husband had to have it in our kitchen remodel and we never use it. :( Anyway, I would love to sell it quite reasonably. I am in central KY. It is a BROAN I believe. I have owner's manual at home. It has a reversible panel on the front...white or black. Please let me know if anyone is interested. amy.allen.fitch@gmail.com Thanks!

Hi Amy, I would be interested in your Broan. I tried sending you an email but am not sure if it got through as I got no response. Please email me at mccormick@activeworlds.com.

Thanks

JP McCormick
Amy Fitch Posted: Friday, October 1, 2010 5:35:23 AM(UTC)

I have a 12" I would like to sell...only in place about a year and used only 5-6 times. It works great. My husband had to have it in our kitchen remodel and we never use it. :( Anyway, I would love to sell it quite reasonably. I am in central KY. It is a BROAN I believe. I have owner's manual at home. It has a reversible panel on the front...white or black. Please let me know if anyone is interested. amy.allen.fitch@gmail.com Thanks!
DavidNJ Posted: Monday, August 9, 2010 2:00:03 PM(UTC)

If you are lucky, you'd be able to remove the counter and replace it without breaking it. If it is granite, corian, that can be very difficult. At least several $100, if not $1000 or so assuming it doesn't break. Then if you are lucky you need one adjoining cabinet, maybe $500. Equally likely it is near a corner (since is it most likely next to a 36" or wider sink cabinet) and you also have to replace a complex corner cabinet. Now we may be looking at $1-2000 for cabinets, if they are still available and the ones in the kitchen haven't faded. Then you get to replace the unit.

Failure to continue some form of 12" compactor when there are thousands installed was just not a good policy.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 9, 2010 1:01:57 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: DavidNJ Go to Quoted Post
This isn't an item many dealers stock; it has long since been sold out. Broan has the parts, but that only works if you can do the repair and don't mind having a appliance that show wear and tear (trash compactors get more abuse than anything else in a kitchen. To replace it requires thousands of dollars of cabinet work if it can even been made to fit.

This is a case where Broan should have retained at least one 12" sku.

Sorry about all the bad news,

I have to admit, it's been a while since I saw a 12" trash compactor.

Hopefully a good carpenter or cabinet maker can advise you in a less expensive remedy for the cabinet problem.
DavidNJ Posted: Monday, August 9, 2010 12:01:02 PM(UTC)

This isn't an item many dealers stock; it has long since been sold out. Broan has the parts, but that only works if you can do the repair and don't mind having a appliance that show wear and tear (trash compactors get more abuse than anything else in a kitchen. To replace it requires thousands of dollars of cabinet work if it can even been made to fit.

This is a case where Broan should have retained at least one 12" sku.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 1:36:17 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: barefoot14 Go to Quoted Post
We built our house in 2001 and installed a Broan 1050 trash compactor. We had no idea that the 12" width was being phased out by manufacturers. Now every website we visit only has 15" width. Any ideas? :confused: Having new cabinets made beneath the granite could be costly! Our Broan has seen its better days, we're ready for a new product.

You may want to try visiting your local appliance dealer(s)

They may have access to older stock items or a floor display model that you may purchase.

I have had good success in the past, when in similar situations.

Good luck.
Nancy402 Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 11:45:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: barefoot14 Go to Quoted Post
Great idea! What brand or model of wine cooler did you get?

I have the same problem!!!!!!!!!! what kind of wine cooler did you purchase? Damn Broan!:mad:
barefoot14 Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 8:52:14 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: H.Edward Go to Quoted Post
I got tired of looking for a new or used 12" and replaced it with a new 12" wine cooler. I was selling the house and it was a lot cheaper than removing the granite countertop and replacing the cherry cabinets. The wine cooler looked classier also, and slid right in.

Great idea! What brand or model of wine cooler did you get?
H.Edward Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 8:41:20 AM(UTC)

I got tired of looking for a new or used 12" and replaced it with a new 12" wine cooler. I was selling the house and it was a lot cheaper than removing the granite countertop and replacing the cherry cabinets. The wine cooler looked classier also, and slid right in.