Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
imfrodo Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:17:24 PM(UTC)

Okay, I bought a used fridge and the ice maker wouldn't get water too it. Some say that the ice maker was bad because of what it was doing. Well, my gut feeling was to replace the valve, and bam it sent water to the ice maker. Then it wouldn't stop. Opened the front of the ice maker casing and found a screw on a spring inside. Without anybody telling me what it does I saw that it had a plus and minus sign above it. So, I tightened the screw so it went more on the negative side and all of a sudden the water stopped pouring into the ice maker. Either I love to tinker with stuff to find out what it does or these machines some how tell me what is wrong with them and know exactly how to fix them. Now with that screw, if you have it too tight water won't go into the machine unless it is the valve, if you have it too loose water won't stop going into the machine or too much water will and will cause it to over fill the tray and pour out.
jhschlak Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 11:09:24 AM(UTC)

I found in another thread to try to test the voltage by using a multimeter and testing at points N and L. I get a reading of 35 volts???? I tried to jump points T and H anyway and nothing happened. Does that mean I have something wrong with the optics?
With the ice maker on and the flapper closed I get a solid red light, which I believe means it is working correctly.
Gene, what should I do next??? What does the 35 volts mean?
Thanks,
Jeff
jhschlak Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:35:25 PM(UTC)

I cannot seem to get the ice maker to work even after installing the new one. What are the symptoms of a bad solenoid valve?
Thanks,
Jeff
jhschlak Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:24:35 AM(UTC)

I installed the ice maker last night. It cycled once and I heard the ice dump. But this morning, it had not made any more ice and their was no water in the tray. This happened with te old ice maker as well. I would try to fix the old ice maker, reinstall it and it would cycle once then do nothing.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks,
Jeff
jhschlak Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 12:16:41 PM(UTC)

I thawed out the overfilled ice maker and reinstalled it and then manually added some water. If the icemaker does everything properly, do you think I should replace the icemaker or the valve?

I turned on the ice maker water valve to put some water back in the line, but the ice maker has not called for any water yet. The black inlet tube is free of ice, so I don't think it is iced up.
Thanks,
Jeff
ApplianceJunk Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 11:09:24 AM(UTC)

To access the water inlet valve on our refrigerator your will need to pull the refrigerator out from the wall so you can get behind it. From there you will be able to see the water line that runs to the water inlet valve. Unplug the refrigerator, turn the water to the refrigerator off and remove the access panel at the bottom of the refrigerator.

Quote:
Do you think this is what I should replace?

Quote:
Sounds as if the ice maker got stuck in the fill cycle and did not advance on it's own to stop sending power to the water inlet valve.

If that is the case then I would replace the ice maker.

With your ice maker getting stuck in the past I believe the problem is with the ice maker, but that is just my opinion.
jhschlak Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 10:57:45 AM(UTC)

Is the valve difficult to access? Do you think this is what I should replace?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Jeff
ApplianceJunk Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 10:39:50 AM(UTC)

Your model refrigerator uses a dual water inlet valve.
Here is the water inlet valve for your model refrigerator.
WHIRLPOOL Valve - Inlt, part number: AP5263471

This water valve is not included in a complete ice maker assembly.
jhschlak Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 10:33:41 AM(UTC)

In reading some about this issue, it seems like it is the water solenoid valve that is broken. Is this a separate part or is this part included in the complete ice maker assembly?
Thanks,
Jeff

jhschlak Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2011 10:50:12 PM(UTC)

In reading some about this issue, it seems like it is the water solenoid valve that is broken. Is this a separate part or is this part included in the complete ice maker assembly?
Thanks,
Jeff