Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
debbieinroswell Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 3:02:31 PM(UTC)

So it is possible that a false connection caused the machine to continue to fill that resolved itself when properly secured. Thanks!
Gene Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 2:56:34 PM(UTC)

The water level switch in your washer switches power between three wires and sends power to the water inlet valve as long as it reads insufficient water level and stops it as soon as it satisfied.

It was just a loose wiring connection somewhere inside the control panel. No doubt about it. As long as it was 30+ loads since, there is nothing to worry about.

Gene.
debbieinroswell Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 2:33:34 PM(UTC)

The model # is [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']WCSR2070T/VG4020. There were two broken tabs on the timer that allowed it to float so the repairman disassembled the controls from the control assembly plate and bolted the timer through it. He then reattached the controls and reassembled the machine. [/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']As far as currently, everything is operable however the very first load following a repair, the washer would not stop filling (on small level) and continued to fill for about an hour. [/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']When the repair returned to inspect the machine, he immediately opened the control panel and checked / secured the wiring. I stayed in the room to see what he was doing to understand. As soon as he made wiring adjustments, the problem ceased and in 30+ loads since, has not reoccurred at any level. I am just curious if the wiring on the Load Size control incorrectly connected will push water through the system but miscommunicate the water level and continue to run. This was not a pre-existing issue nor has it been since the repairman returned. Just trying to understand and gets some peace of mind here. Thanks for the reply very much.[/FONT]
Gene Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 2:08:39 PM(UTC)

debbieinroswell,

What is the complete model number of the washer? What exactly is going on now?

Gene.
debbieinroswell Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 3:11:17 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Most likely the problem is a bad water level switch (inside the control panel).

- The part number for the water level switch is AP2045895

Good luck.
Gene.

Gene -- what if the water level switch is not the issue? Is there something in the wiring connections that can cause a false reading resulting in the water continuing to fill the machine (at any level selection)? I recently had a repair without this being a prior issue but became so immediately after the repair. After a revisit of the technician that reviewed his workmanship, the problem has not continued nor would he account for any action on his part that stopped the one time problem. By chance, do you know if there are any schematics on the wiring connections for the Load Size indicator? Thanks sooooooo much!
Gene Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:48:37 AM(UTC)

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Happy New year!

Gene.
Fix it all Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:41:42 AM(UTC)

Working better than it ever has now!
Thank you!
Gene Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:32:02 AM(UTC)

Most likely the problem is there.

Gene.
Fix it all Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:14:14 AM(UTC)

Hmmmmm, Thinking.....Thinking.... Perhaps I'll just switch the hot and cold hoses!!!!!!!
Fix it all Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:08:22 AM(UTC)

Everything seems to be fine except that it is rinsing in hot water instead of cold. Could this just be a mixed up wire?? I hooked everything back up the way that I took it off, but since we weren't getting hot water to start with It could have been wrong to start with.