Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:01:20 PM(UTC)

If the microwave has been unplugged for more than an hour it probably does need any discharging.

There is no any reliable instrumental test for the magnetron. That's why I mentioned two parts which could cause such problem.

Gene.
DANLUDLOW Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 4:46:50 AM(UTC)

Thank you for the discharging instructions. Do I also need to discharge the 1100 watt inverter board if I'm only replacing the magnetron? Do I discharge both terminals on the magnetron? From the instructions that you sent for discaharging the 1100 watt inverter board it looks like you use needle point pliers to discharge thru a resistor correct? If pliers are used; how do you recommend that I ground the pliers and to what? Can you send some instructions on how to test the magnetron with a voltage meter?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:24:04 PM(UTC)

Yes. It has to be discharged. The instructions are attached to the reply.

Gene.
DANLUDLOW Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:33:55 AM(UTC)

I know I need to unplug the microwave during this repair. Do I need to be concerned about high voltage while replacing the magnetron?
Gene Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 4:47:49 PM(UTC)

As soon as you will remove the microwave from the cabinet and remove the outer case, you'll see how simple it is.

Gene.
DANLUDLOW Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 3:06:31 PM(UTC)

Does the magnetron come with installation instructions? Can you give me a link for the magnetron installation instructions?
Gene Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 1:06:14 PM(UTC)

Most likely the problem is a bad magnetron, but there is a small chance that the 1100W inverter (#21 on the diagram) is bad as well. I would replace the magnetron first.

- The magnetron Part number: AP3881382
DANLUDLOW Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 7:28:09 AM(UTC)

For the past few months microwave was intermittently making a humming noise during operation. Now the microwave stopped making the noise but is not warming food as it used to do. It takes longer periods of time for the food to warm. What is causing this problem?