Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
applianceman Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:10:28 PM(UTC)

Use a heat gun or hair dryer to work out the bad places. Also once you get it in shape rub a thin film of Vaseline on the entire length of the door gasket. For future reference soak the gasket in hot water for a few minutes before attempting to install the gasket this will normally take care of the problem you are having. Refrigerator repair guide

clarkl Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 11:02:14 AM(UTC)

I have ice building up inside the freezer on the bottom of the compartment. I replaced the door gasket and feel certain this was the problem because the top right and left corners of the door had black sediment ( probably from sucking air ), and the inside of the door between the compartment and the outer door housing I had ice build up on the upper section of the door. I cleaned up all of the ice build up and installed the new gasket and where the gasket was folded in shipping it is a little deformed and is still not sealing properly. What can I do to help the gasket to lay down and seal this door?