Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Friday, January 21, 2022 2:11:48 PM(UTC)

GE Microwave Handle Broken - How to Fix - Model JVM3160DF3WW
samsaw Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 4:40:15 AM(UTC)

Musitcat,

Unfortunately I do not have any pics of the same.
If you have recieved the handle and if you have opened the door frame for installation, try to screw in the door handle with the old set of screws, measure the gap between the screw head and the base, and try HD or Lowes to ask for a washer to fill in that gap. It need not be one washer, you can stack a few thin ones as well.

Otherwise you may have to order a set thru appliance parts pros.

Hope this helps.

-Samsaw
musitcat Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:14:53 AM(UTC)

Samsaw - Thank you so much for your response. Regrettably, I'm not sure that I understand what type of washer to purchase. Do you think you could send me a link to a photo of what that might look like? Thanks again!
samsaw Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:59:03 AM(UTC)

Hello Musitcat,

The plastic white tubes are spacers and can be replaced with like sizes washers.

-samsaw
musitcat Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:24:55 AM(UTC)

The handle broke of my Kitchen Aid Microwave KHMS155L. I ordered a new handle. However the old handle was attached by white plastic tubes that cracked when the handle broke off. Are there screws or another attachment I could purchase at someplace like Home Depot to attach? If screws, could you please tell me what size I would need?

Thank you!
samsaw Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:49:43 AM(UTC)

I was able to pry off the outer layer based on the steps listed by ApplianceAvid.

One improvisation I did was instead of using butter knives, I used obsolete credit cards to slide between the plastic hooks and the groove of the inner frame thereafter the outer shell came off easily.

I did remove (destroy) the choke frame which made it a tad bit simpler to see how much gap I needed to create to slide in the cc's in the correct positions.

Snapping the out frame on back after the door handle replacement was indeed a "snap"

It took about 45 mins start to end! now waiting on the choke frame delivery from Appliancepartspros.

Thank you once again for posting the pictures, it made it a lot more easy.
samsaw Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:48:52 AM(UTC)

Thank you ApplianceAvid for fantastic photos! I have been looking for some help with the same microwave KHMS155LSS from KitchenPain (more Pain than Aid!!).

I gave up on my first attempt after prying the choke frame (and breaking it partially). With these photos I am tempted to give it a second try.
mtburr Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 10:07:30 AM(UTC)

I made this short video to explain how to replace the door handle on an Estate by Whirlpool microwave oven.

http://youtu.be/1kAAOrU-40c
ApplianceAvid Posted: Sunday, December 7, 2014 10:40:26 AM(UTC)

I just replaced my handle for the KHMS155LSS1 thanks to the post about the 8 butter knives. I decided to post a reply with pictures to help others out since this kept me from doing major damage to my microwave. There are 9 plastic hooks in the bottom outer cover, 9 at the top and a few at the inner edge. I did not count but it may be 5 or 6. I first used a plastic putty knife thinking the plastic would not damage anything, but I damaged 6 of the bottom hooks before I found this page and used 9 butter knifes.

A metal putty knife is thinner and easier to slide into the plastic outer cover and inner liner. You can also feel where the hooks are with the putty knife and pry it open a little to know where to put the butter knifes. Like Chemosh013 said, you pry down on about 4 of the butter knifes just enough so the hooks are released from the holes. Since I had already broken 6 of the bottom plastic hooks, my knives all fell down to the stove top when the remaining three bottom hooks were released. I had put all 9 knives in since I was not sure at first if there were still small hooks left that would catch.

After releasing the bottom hooks, you may need two people to help release the top hooks because the outer cover can fall and break the glass. There are no hooks on the side where the 3 screws are so the inner hooks do not do much once the bottom and top hooks are released.

Hope this helps other people.
Chemosh013 Posted: Saturday, November 8, 2014 4:53:09 PM(UTC)

I tried a million different things but this page finally keyed me in on how to replace this. You have to put about 8 butter knives in to get the hooks out and then apply pressure to about half of them. The door pops off and you have access to the handle.

How to Replace the Door Handle on a KitchenAid Microwave Hood | eHow