Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
naholter Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:05:52 AM(UTC)

Thanks, Gene. It turned out to be the wire to the element had snapped off at the connector again. I think after the holiday season we will have to run new wire from the thermostat to the element, as this is the second break we have had. For that we may have to get a technician in, as I do not know how easy it will be to do that.

Nabct
Gene Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:58:26 AM(UTC)

Most likely the problem is a bad switch.

The model number you provided does not come up due to the age of the unit or the number is incomplete.

I would recommend to call the customer service (877-477-7278) and they will help you to find the right part.

Gene.
naholter Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:22:03 AM(UTC)

[FONT='Times New Roman']This is an early 60's drop-in range (pre-zip-code early 60's). When we first moved in, the oven would sometimes heat and other times only heat to about 275, no matter what the temp was set for. Most of the heat was coming from the broil element. We replaced the lower element (when we opened it up to check the connections, the ends broke and we had to buy a new element) and this seemed to fix the problem for a while. Then we discovered that the switch was touchy, and needed to be in exactly the right position to get it to heat. But now it doesn't matter how much you fiddle with the switch (knob). I tried the time bake option, to see if that made a difference, but the element still only gets warm.[/FONT]
At this point I’m thinking it is the control switch. Does this sound right? Can I replace it without taking the entire range out of place?