Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 7:26:26 AM(UTC)

I have a GE dishwasher CDWT980R10SS that will not drain. It feels like something might be stuck at the exit hole in the sump filter? External parts are all clean.
Guest Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 7:24:26 AM(UTC)

I have a GE dishwasher CDWT980R10SS that will not drain. It feels like something might be stuck at the exit hole in the sump filter?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:19:59 PM(UTC)

You are welcome Jennifer. I'm glad it's up and running.

Happy Holidays!

Gene.
Jennifer216 Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:04:05 PM(UTC)

That worked! There was a sticker on the flapper valve on the drain pump. Thanks so much for the guidance! I'm so happy to have a working dishwasher again!
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:50:06 PM(UTC)

Sorry for the delay.

You have to pull the dishwasher out of the cabinet and remove the drain pump. Check the flapper valve (#328 on the diagram) and another flopper valve attached to the drain pump.

- The flapper valve Part number: AP3419048
Jennifer216 Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:38:14 PM(UTC)

I put the hose in a bucket and ran a rinse cycle. Water drained into the bucket, but there was still water left in the dishwasher as well. I'm not sure how fast the water is supposed to drain, but it seemed to drain slow. Any thoughts?
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 9, 2011 12:49:20 PM(UTC)

Disconnect the dishwasher drain hose under the sink. Put it in a basket and start the drain. Would it drain, drain slow or would not drain at all?

Gene.
Jennifer216 Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:17:54 PM(UTC)

Sadly, I do not have an air gap. I wish it was that easy!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 3:49:44 PM(UTC)

Jennifer,

Do you have an air gap for dishwasher drain line on top of the sink?

If you do, then remove the top cover from the air gap and make sure it is not clogged. Post the results.

Gene.

P.S. That's how it looks like and how it should be installed.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Jennifer216 Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 1:38:54 PM(UTC)

I have a GE Dishwasher Model GLD5600. The dishwasher is 3 years old, and up until now, I have never had any problems with it. This week, it decided it no longer wants to drain. I read the owners manual, and the only suggestion was to run the garbage disposal to clear it of any debris. I did this, but the disposal was already empty, so this did not help. I also removed the sprayer arm (?) to see if anything was clogged under there. I was afraid to try to remove anything else and risk breaking a part that was fine to begin with. Any other suggestions for what I can do to find out what's causing the problem?