Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Adam / APP Team Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 1:52:35 PM(UTC)

First be sure the temperature in the freezer is stable at 12 degrees F or below.If its not the thermostat in the ice maker wont close and allow power to the valve.

Check all wiring and the plug to the ice maker.

Check the tube where the water comes in to see that its not frozen not allowing water to come into the ice maker cup.

If you have an ohm meter, take the harness off the coil that supplies the water to the ice maker. With the meter set at RX10 it should read between 200-500 ohms of resistance. If it doesn't read between those two it is defective.

The thermostat in the ice maker head can be tested for continuity. It should have continuity at its coldest. ( frozen )
brandon58 Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 12:09:33 PM(UTC)

Ice maker quit making ice. I've filled the ice maker manually with water and the mechanism works fine and makes ice and ejects it out into the ice bucket like it should. My problem is no water delivery to the ice maker. I took the water line off on the back of the fridge going up to the ice maker and ---no water... I blew into with mouth and then with compressed air to dislodge any ???? I looked on your site and found a Dual Water Inlet Valve pictured and am thinking this may be the problem, but one question? what turns this unit on? a switch? where is it located? Is the water level in the ice maker controlled by a float or a ???? I want to fix the problem not just replace parts until it works once again. I have always prided myself with trying to diagnose problems correctly, the first time around. Are there any tests that I could run?

I loosend the water line to the water tap and it leaks water and the water dispenser ejects water into a glass when pushed, but at times it takes a few seconds or a repeated push to get the water to flow. Is this also a problem that may point to this valve? (This problem had started just a few months back).

(More information) I am on City water and have been since this fridge.

Thank you, Don