Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 11:36:36 AM(UTC)

Is there a heating element in the Ultimate Care
richappy Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:02:50 AM(UTC)

They are shipping pins, not needed. What was your problem, worn spin tube?
fayef Posted: Friday, October 28, 2011 9:18:18 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Looks like you have a bad drive block that holds the basket to the spin tube, part AP2905773
You will also need to buy the special spanner wrench to properly tighten it. Call this site for the part #
If that part is ok, you have a bad spin tube, go to my sticky "replacing direct drive washer brake shoes" for info.

Thank you for info - we have ordered parts & spanner wrench - my question is you did not mention the 2 brass colored pins which seems to have fallen from somewhere under the tub. They are not shown in the exploded view nor is there a part number for them.

Thanks again
richappy Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:41:56 PM(UTC)

Looks like you have a bad drive block that holds the basket to the spin tube, part AP2905773
You will also need to buy the special spanner wrench to properly tighten it. Call this site for the part #
If that part is ok, you have a bad spin tube, go to my sticky "replacing direct drive washer brake shoes" for info.
fayef Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:54:29 AM(UTC)

My whirlpool ultimate care II washer makes a very loud noise at the end of each spin cycle (wash & rinse). You can turn the basket with your hand, when it gets to a certain spot it "thumps" loudly; you can continue to turn the drum and half way around it "thumps" again. I took the cabinet off and found 2 plastic cups which each contained a brass colored pin. The pins are approx. 1/4" square & about 1-1/2" long with a hole in the pointed end where maybe a clip or something should go through. They have been installed above the plastic cup as there are wear marks on the pin. It looks as if the only purpose for the plastic cups is to make sure they don't fall into the motor. I have searched the exploded view and cannot find these pins nor cups. Also you can put your hands in the washer on the side of the basket and raise it up a little, my neighbor's washer wouldn't come up any, is this normal? Is there anything you can tell me about what might be wrong?