Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 10:00:45 AM(UTC)

You are welcome, Bill. Keep us posted.

Gene.
br412 Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 7:36:03 AM(UTC)

Gene Good Morning

Well, it goes through the defrost cycle...no sizzle, no melting of frost,
so will order up the heater kit. Not taking chance that thermostat works or doesn't
I thank you for your help.

Bill
Gene Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 11:43:46 PM(UTC)

Bill,

As soon as the timer clicked and the compressor stopped the refrigerator must be in the defrost. You can find much more information in one of our previous articles: http://forum.appliancepartspros...frigerator-too-warm.html

Gene.
br412 Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 3:10:19 PM(UTC)

Hi Gene
You there Sunday. Amazing.

Yes, if I go through enough clicks while compressor is running...it does stop running.
What does that mean? Does it mean that the refrigerator is about to enter defrost mode?
I looked at the heating unit and didn't see any melting or is that something I won't see for some time?

Once comprerssor stops running..in time sequence, how long does it take to enter defrost mode and what should I see happening in the freezer./coils which are coated with frost.

Thanks again. Bill
Gene Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:31:51 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: br412 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene

Well, did as you suggested But not knowing how sensitive the defrost timer was, I turned too forcefully and it clicked twice.

Does this mean it will miss a cycle and wait another 24 hours ?

If I unplug it, will; it reset itself to "get back into an immediate defrost cycle" ?

Always a novice...but will be an expert on this job.

Thanks Bill

Hi Bill,

Wait until you'll hear the compressor running and then turn slowly the defrost timer clockwise until it clicks. The compressor must stop right after that click.

Gene.
Gene Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:29:27 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jim Plack Go to Quoted Post
I too am having a problem with my GE Profile building up ice on the back wall of the freezer.

But all my food has thawed and the refrigerated food section has gone warm.

I rescued the food, but wonder if this can be easily repaired or is it time for a new unit?

Any ideas?

Jim

Jim,

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.
br412 Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 11:47:53 AM(UTC)

Hi Gene

Well, did as you suggested But not knowing how sensitive the defrost timer was, I turned too forcefully and it clicked twice.

Does this mean it will miss a cycle and wait another 24 hours ?

If I unplug it, will; it reset itself to "get back into an immediate defrost cycle" ?

Always a novice...but will be an expert on this job.

Thanks Bill
Jim Plack Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:25:18 AM(UTC)

I too am having a problem with my GE Profile building up ice on the back wall of the freezer.

But all my food has thawed and the refrigerated food section has gone warm.

I rescued the food, but wonder if this can be easily repaired or is it time for a new unit?

Any ideas?

Jim
br412 Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 4:50:51 AM(UTC)

Gene

Thank you very much. I will follow your advice.
Great turn around response and will advise when I can

Bill
Gene Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 4:19:12 PM(UTC)

Hi Bill,

The first thing I would do is slowly turn the shaft on the defrost timer until it clicks and watch if the defrost heater energized. If it does then the defrost timer is the culprit.

If it does not then you have to check the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat for continuity. If the heater has gone bad it should be pretty visible.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE TFS22PPDABS | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.