Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 10:22:06 PM(UTC)

Mike,

You are welcome. I hope it will last long enough.

Gene.
mjohnson Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:01:18 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene,

I had found the breakdown before, but I wasn't confortable prying this thing apart. However, I just decided that this was the way to proceed based on your recommendation.

As it turns out the outer cover is just that, this was pushed together on the interior door and snaps into place. The handle was attached to this outer cover. The outer window cover is a plastic piece that is spot glued, with what looks to be a hot glue gun material, onto the outer door cover,

There were a series of tabs approximately 1.5 to 2 inches apart along the entire edge and I use plastic shims to hold apart the internal tabs until enough was loosened that it came apart. I started on the top near the upper door hinge.

In the earlier tries to do this, I had broken the right side of the outer cover where the 3 screws hold the cover on the inner door. I believe it came off easier due to this, otherwise I would have had to continue placing shims around more of these tabs.

I was able to reuse the same screws, and I will hope that this thing holds, otherwise I'll purchase a new cover and do it again.

Thanks again. Mike
Gene Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 2:02:50 PM(UTC)

Hi Mike,

You can find more information including the Service manual in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...55-microwave-handle.html Review all 3 pages.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL MH7140XFB0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
mjohnson Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:16:37 PM(UTC)

I have a Whirlpool with a broken door handle, I have purchased the replacement handle but there isn't any instructions on how to get to the screws that hold the handle in place. In searching other posts it was clear that the service manual gave instructions but I could not find one for the Whirlpool MH7140XFB. Can anyone help me on this one? Thanks. Mike