Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 12:11:07 PM(UTC)

What is the complete model number of the microwave?

Did you do any tests so far?

Gene.
sriguez Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:54:02 PM(UTC)

my frigidaire is doing the exact same thing no noise everything works but does not heat what can it be
Gene Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 4:19:53 PM(UTC)

If you did put back the old magnetron then it's possible that the bad magnetron damaged the new diode.

Gene.
Billu Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 2:56:31 PM(UTC)

i was testing the rectifier wrong - i replaced the mangetron with the new one again this time with the new rectifier and it is working :) :) :) :)

thanks
Billu Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 2:17:11 PM(UTC)

i decided to test the diode again and it is showing no continuity from either direction - my guess is something fried the new one? what else can i replace or test?
Billu Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 1:55:02 PM(UTC)

ok - i replaced the rectifier it tested bad and the new one tests ok - still no heating - making a low toned buzz - different from before? i went back to the old magnetron based on the rectifier being bad - should i put in the new magnetron or is there another piece to the puzzle??
Gene Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:14:47 PM(UTC)

Check the rectifier (high voltage diode) - #1 on the diagram.

You can find more information in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...19868-diode-testing.html

Gene.
Billu Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 6:15:49 PM(UTC)

Replaced the magnetron, still won't heat and now there is a louder noise when the unit is running
Billu Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:00:32 PM(UTC)

Anyone aware of a warranty for the magnetron? I hear that some extend beyond one year?
Billu Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:53:54 PM(UTC)

That works for me, the wiring diagram was hard to read I wanted to be sure there was not a fuse that was cheaper.

Thanks