Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
equalizer3 Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2007 3:53:10 PM(UTC)

also check the drin selenoid. take the front panels off and its rite in front. while its running push the steal pin down in the selinoid body.
equalizer3 Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2007 3:50:39 PM(UTC)

there is a repair kit u can buy at your local home depot store. take the model,name of dishwasher and get the kit to repair the motor. you dontneed a timer motor. if the reg motor hums check and see if all black white and ground are touching when you put the wirenuts on.
Admin / APP Team Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2007 11:20:20 AM(UTC)

Chuck,

Your Kenmore dishwasher was made by GE. It's common for the motor to lock up. GE "fixed" this problem by redesigning the pump/motor assembly using a different motor and adding on a capacitor for extra boost. You can check out the new kit here - GE pump/motor assembly.

You did good, just one warning - sometimes when the motor is released, the main pump seal might break, so check the dishwasher for leaks for a few days (remove the kick panel and make sure there is no water on the floor under the pump/motor assembly). Now, if you do spot a leak, you have three choices: 1. Rebuild the pump using a pump seal and impeller kit (cheaper) 2. Replace the entire pump/motor with the new one (easier, and better in the long run) 3. Replace the dishwasher. (a "don't want to get my hands dirty" option)
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:26:01 AM(UTC)

Glad to hear you got it repaired.
There may have just been something in the food chopper area keeping it from turning.

Did you take it apart and turn it from inside the pump or from the back of the motor?
chuck67 Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2007 9:35:59 AM(UTC)

FYI - I fixed the problem. The motor was stuck. I turned it manually with a screwdriver, until whatever was blocking it broke free. Now it seems to be running fine.

Does anybody know how this happens? Can I prevent future blockages?

Thanks!
chuck67 Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2007 4:05:50 PM(UTC)

There is power to the dishwaher, and it fills, but the motor won't run. The timer knob on the front turns, and goes through the cycles, but the water never drains.

Is this the motor, or could it be the timer motor (I think that's what is called), or something else completely?

Thanks!