Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:16:14 PM(UTC)

Kyle,

This is how the transformer looks like:

UserPostedImage

Be very careful because there is VERY HIGH voltage inside the microwave. If you do not feel yourself comfortable working in a such environment it's better to hire a pro to do it for you. You can buy a new microwave but you can not buy a health.

Gene.
ceddy Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:39:35 PM(UTC)

Gene,
I removed the panel and found the high voltage transformer. Silver, rounded capacitor looking object. Unplugged the white wire and red wire and hooked it up to my voltage tester and with the microwave set for two minutes, the voltage started at 3.6 and went down from there in a matter of seconds. I don't know what voltage we are looking for?

Kyle
Gene Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:45:24 PM(UTC)

Hi Kyle,

Remove the wires from the high voltage transformer primary windings. Check for 120VAC between these wires while the control calls for heat and the door is closed.

If there is no proper voltage then the control board most likely has to be replaced.

The problem with the surface lights can be caused by the control board too.

- The part number for the control board is AP2151141

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FMT148G1T1 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
ceddy Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:39:35 AM(UTC)

Hello, I have a over the range microwave Frigidaire that does not heat all of a sudden. The lights work the carousel goes around but it is not heating. The surface light stopped working as well. Is there something I can check or test? I have taken off the control panel but not to sure what does what. Please help.

Kyle