Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
WetInCanada Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:02:14 AM(UTC)

I can confirm that the door switch turns the light off.

And your assumption about the 4-wire cord is correct.

I guess I will wait until they come next week! But I must say that having the unit not work from day one is getting things off on a bad foot.
denman Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:24:52 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MAYTAG YMEDE250XL0 27" ELECTRIC DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Check that the door switch (Item 19 in Section 2) turns the light off when the door is closed.

Other than that I would not mess with it as they could void your warranty on you if you try to take it apart and mess something up. If they want to be picky you may not even have to mess anything up.

I am assuming the unit came with a 4 wire cord and you have it connected to a 4 wire receptaclr (Neutral and ground are separate.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
WetInCanada Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:17:42 PM(UTC)

Hi everyone, I have a brand new electric Maytag dryer that I just installed. I have it stacked on top of the matching washer (also brand new). The dryer will not power on. I have checked the outlet with my multimeter, and I get 120ish volts from L1-N, L2-N, L1-G, and L2-G; I get 245ish volts from L1-L2. When I open the dryer door, the light inside comes on. However, when I push the power button (or any other button, for that matter) absolutely nothing happens. The washer works fine. Any thoughts? The Maytag guy is coming next week, but I'd like to fix this sooner, is possible. Thanks!