Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kooler Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:51:43 PM(UTC)

Yes, that is the condenser fan motor but first make sure nothing is impeding the fan blade from turning... I've found many things from foam 'popcorn' to 'petrified critters' stuck in fan blades which would not be uncommon in a cabin... And do obtain a thermometer to check temps; eliminates the guesswork... cheers - kooler
axis girl Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:46:04 PM(UTC)

Refrigerator would stay cool but not as cold as it should have and freezer would not freeze ice solid even at high setting. Possible surge but power did not go off or breaker pop. Motor sounds absolutely normal. Only other symptom is narrow piece between freezer and refrigerator on front is very hot. I was advised to check the condenser fan. That if it was not running but getting voltage the fan should be replaced. It is not running and will check voltage in the morning. By replacing the fan I assume that is the motor shown as 11 on the unit parts list for this model. Need further advice. This is located in a cabin at a remote location and getting it where a repairman could come is not that simple.