Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Nickmey Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:03:24 PM(UTC)

> the fan blade melted thats how hot it got.
> my question since everything still seems to work except it does not heat
> up is it possible that the magnetron is burned or does it have a separate
> fuse like a slow blow if so where is it located and if it is blown how can i
> check the magnetron?
> is it worth fixing?

Hi Ray P,
The fan with a defective blade will have to be ordered and replaced, otherwise it will be very noisy and run excentically and not cool properly.

There is a cahode E.H.T fuse in a plastic receptacle for protecting the cahode EHT supply transformer - check this out. If it is blown the H.T rectifier diode(s) will have to be replaced aswell. Disconnect the filament transformer winding from the cathode connections and measure the cathode filament resistance with an ohmmeter - if it has something like a fraction of an Ohm it is o.k, if it is o.c. or high resistance the cathode of the magnetron is burnt out. If all is seemingly well close it up the cabinet and test the mirowave using a glass of water as load. If there still is no RF (water stays cold) then the magnetron has gone and needs replacing. H.T fuses, rectifier diodes and magnetrons are all cheaply available on ********. Make sure you get a magnetron with the correct arrangement of cooling fins and cathode connections or you will not be able to mount it into the oven!!
ApplianceJunk Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2007 5:08:54 PM(UTC)

If the fan motor runs ok, then I would replace the fan blade and fuse.
d1rayp Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2007 3:54:39 PM(UTC)

so if the magnetron checks good replacing the fuse and fan blade I should be good I hope.
ApplianceJunk Posted: Friday, July 27, 2007 8:21:33 PM(UTC)

You can check the magnetron with a ohm meter to see if it is shorted to ground.
d1rayp Posted: Friday, July 27, 2007 6:03:37 PM(UTC)

the fan blade melted thats how hot it got.
my question since everything still seems to work except it does not heat up is it possible that the magnetron is burned or does it have a separate fuse like a slow blow if so where is it located and if it is blown how can i check the magnetron?
is it worth fixing?
Thank you
Ray P