Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jgv Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:59:24 PM(UTC)

had a dryer trip a breaker once, it was a bad roller making it hard for the motor to turn the drum if its an older dryer it might be the problem
denman Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:18:00 AM(UTC)

Here is a service manual although it does not specifically list your unit, yours is basically the same
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16023020.pdf

Is part # AP4294403 the correct part number?
Yes

I would not order anything until you confirm either visually or with a meter that this is the problem as there are other components that could cause this but the heater is at the top of the list.

Since you have to open it up I would recommend you check the following for wear and bearing slop: rear support rollers, front glides, belt, idler wheel and drum seals. You might as well give it a bit of an overhaul.

Give the interior an good clean including the blower wheel.

Also a good idea to clean and check your vent system
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rsmotorsports Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:53:18 AM(UTC)

It looks as though it will run without tripping the breaker in the time dry/air fluff mode. How do we go about replacing the heater element? Is part # AP4294403 the correct part number?
denman Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 5:29:00 PM(UTC)

Here are your parts.
Replacement parts for MAYTAG SDE405DAYW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Put the unit in air only and try it.
If it runs then you may have a grounded heater coil.
Either the heater has sagged or broken and is touching the frame.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rsmotorsports Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 3:59:58 PM(UTC)

The dryer just started tripping the breaker yesterday. Can you tell me what the problem may be? We reset breaker and it runs for a few seconds then trips again.