Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:55:20 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: boniray Go to Quoted Post
i got my gear oil from appliancepartspros which i ordered yesterday and put it already and sealed it with a silicone gasket maker. my only problem is how to put back the break shoes and the clutch!?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Boniray,

There are several, very informative posts on the APP Repair Forum, that will help you through the repair, here's one :

http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/washer-repair/3265-replacing-direct-drive-washer-brake-shoes.html

:) :) :)
boniray Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2011 4:58:11 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Boniray,

Are you repairing the "old" transmission ? if so, you'll need 8 to 10 oz. of 90 weight gear oil, available from an auto parts store. But the gearcase is a sealed unit and you'll have to dismantle he gearcae to access the and replace the oil, etc.

i got my gear oil from appliancepartspros which i ordered yesterday and put it already and sealed it with a silicone gasket maker. my only problem is how to put back the break shoes and the clutch!?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 2:23:40 PM(UTC)

oh no, it's an old tranny. tks!

Boniray,

Are you repairing the "old" transmission ? if so, you'll need 8 to 10 oz. of 90 weight gear oil, available from an auto parts store. But the gearcase is a sealed unit and you'll have to dismantle he gearcae to access the and replace the oil, etc.

boniray Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 12:38:14 PM(UTC)

oh no, it's an old tranny. tks!
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 8:52:33 AM(UTC)

does anyone knows how much to put a new tranny oil?:confused:

Boniray,

I hope I understood your question,
You don't need to add gear oil to a new transmission, it comes prefilled and "ready to go" in the box.

Good Luck,
boniray Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 10:34:30 PM(UTC)

does anyone knows how much to put a new tranny oil?:confused: