Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mshep01 Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:15:15 AM(UTC)

Yeah, the correct # is ET1MHKXMQ07. I am not sure it wasn't in defrost cycle, coulda been and because the bulb was out we just thought it was all dead. But she's fine now. Thanks.
mshep01 Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:14:01 AM(UTC)

Hey, thanks. I believe that's what it was. After pulling off the start device and capacitor from the compressor and putting it back together it's been running fine. Too cold, in fact, and I had to turn down the cold setting.

I think the bulb just burned out at the same time by coincidence. Thanks for the help.
denman Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:10:38 AM(UTC)

Nothing comes up on your model number, check the last 3 digits.

Are you sure that you were not in a defrost cycle?
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
richappy Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:55:36 AM(UTC)

You might have a poor connection in the start device, I would order a new one. Put the right model # in a get it from this site.
mshep01 Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:06:04 PM(UTC)

OK, after reviewing the schematics for this unit, I checked the capacitor and start switch. After pulling them off I plugged the unit back in to check for current to that point. It was good AND the interior fan started running.

Then I put it all back together and everything started running, except the light. Probably a spent bulb.

We do get daily thunder-boomers here. Think it's those two electronics?
mshep01 Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 4:38:47 PM(UTC)

We have a second fridge in the garage, a Whirlpool, about 4 years old. She just crapped out, no compressor, no fan, no lights. Nothing. Outlet is good and no breakers popped. Not sure how long it was down before discovered but I'm guessing not too long.

I pulled the cardboard backing off to see if there was a reset button but no go. Harness is very simple and all connections seem good. No signs of burns or shorts.

Compressor felt pretty warm but she gets ventilation and there is no undue buildup of dust, etc. in the bottom. Could just be from sitting in a garage in S. Florida in the summertime.

Any ideas what's wrong and what's it gonna run me to fix?

Thanks.