Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Cobrargc Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:06:42 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the help
denman Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2009 5:16:19 AM(UTC)

No I think your oven is OK.
Some ovens turn the bake and broil on during preheat, so it heats up quicker.
Some also switch between bake and broil during a bake cycle, as you said this would give a more even heat in the oven.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Cobrargc Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:23:36 AM(UTC)

I replaced the lower element as it showed no continuity. My orginal thread asked why my oven was getting partially warm, but not up to temperature. I later noticed that the broiler element was partially on when the lower element was supposed to be on. Is this normal? I guess it makes sense to have some heat coming from the top of the oven to help "brown" items that are baking. If this isn't the case, is there still something wrong with my oven?
Cobrargc Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 5:05:45 PM(UTC)

Hello everyone, new to the forum.

I've got an older Whirlpool electric range. The oven worked fine yesterday, but would only get warm tonight. I've turned the temperature dial to different settings but the element does not turn orange or get hot. The broiler does work fine though.

My question: Does an element go out completely? Mine at least gets warm. What are the chances the thermostat or temperatue dial could be bad? What should I look at replacing first? Are there diagnostic checks I can do to help pinpoint the problem?

Thanks in advance.