Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:57:14 PM(UTC)

If you know basic rules how to work with electricity, how to read a wiring diagram and how to work with a simple handy tools and meters, then you are ready to fix any appliances (with our advises sometimes).

If you do not feel comfortable with all these stuff, it's better to hire someone.

Gene.
careymsv Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:49:48 PM(UTC)

bumping it up
careymsv Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:20:35 AM(UTC)

OK Gene....thanks for the info. I am a little confused by the diagram, is this something I can do on my own?
I am able to do some minor repairs, but have never worked on a dryer....should I try to find the issue?

I have listened a little closer to the machine. When I have the timer knob on a cycle (only the Timed Heat cycle does this, all others are silent)....and I click the lever....or close the door...I can hear the rotation of the timer. But that is the only noise the machine makes.
abbie Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 4:28:24 PM(UTC)

Make sure you check the door switch and lever this is found behind the door.See if it make,s a clicking sound when pressed in.
Gene Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 2:28:05 PM(UTC)

The first thing I would check is the power source. Check the circuit breakers for the dryer.

If this is not the issue, check the thermal fuse (#23 on the bulkhead parts break down diagram) for continuity. Replace if it's open.

Also, check the power cord connection to the dryer for burned wires.

- The part number for the thermal fuse AP3132867

- Here are the break down diagrams for the Roper dryer Model REX4625EW0

Gene.
careymsv Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 2:04:44 PM(UTC)

Ohhhh so sorry. I added one number....

Model: yrex4625ew0
Gene Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 10:31:16 AM(UTC)

I'm full of ideas, but to give you the most accurate advise I need the complete model number of your dryer. The model number you've posted is incomplete or incorrect - it does not come up.

Gene.
careymsv Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 4:37:58 AM(UTC)

bump.....need some idesa please?

:)
careymsv Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:58:06 AM(UTC)

No noise. Just died a quiet death!
Actually was sitting there for a day, between uses. Worked fine the day before. :)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:20:43 PM(UTC)

Did it make any noises before it failed in coma?

Gene.