Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 1:31:16 PM(UTC)

Any ideas on why the microwave & the convection do not heat & all other functions on the combo work, panel fans thermostat etc. This happened after a fuse was replaced the 20A 250V. Before everything worked well. Yea the door switches are ok. Thanks
zchannel Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 7:41:37 AM(UTC)

I was able to find a new microwave emitter and the microwave oven works great. My problem now is the plastic shelf guides are burning due to their age and I can keep them going for a little while longer by filing down the rough edges that catch the microwaves. That stops the smell. Also you have to keep the wire shelf away from the back so it doesn't arc. Some thermador service men are good at keeping this going. The shelf guides are discontinued by Bosch because it's a bad design to have a convection oven and a microwave in the same unit. You won't find those in modern replacements and I'm sure I'm not the first person to report these problems. I'm looking to replace the whole oven which measures 24-1/2 x 47-1/2 including the lower oven which is fine. But there are no microwave uppers and conventional lowers available in that width. Only 27" and 30" and that runs into cabinet repair. Would love to find the rack slide kit L & R. but all inventory among the obsolete parts people is gone. Good luck.
zchannel Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 7:37:10 AM(UTC)

I was able to find a new microwave emitter and the microwave oven works great. My problem now is the plastic shelf guides are burning due to their age and I can keep them going for a little while longer by filing down the rough edges that catch the microwaves. That stops the smell. Also you have to keep the wire shelf away from the back so it doesn't arc. Some thermador service men are good at keeping this going. The shelf guides are discontinued by Bosch because it's a bad design to have a convection oven and a microwave in the same unit. You won't find those in modern replacements and I'm sure I'm not the first person to report these problems. I'm looking to replace the whole oven which measures 24-1/2 x 47-1/2 including the lower oven which is fine. But there are no microwave uppers and conventional lowers available in that width. Only 27" and 30" and that runs into cabinet repair. Would love to find the rack slide kit L & R. but all inventory among the obsolete parts people is gone. Good luck.
glenndott Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 2:12:35 PM(UTC)

Roxy I own the same model MCM255 you can replace just the micro wave unit for that model we did. not sure if Thermadore makes a compatable unit for this model now
Gene Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:03:11 PM(UTC)

Hi Marc,

I could not find the dimensions of such old oven.

You can measure the out side dimensions, then pull it out for a few inches and measure the cabinet opening.

I'm afraid some cabinet alterations should be necessary.

Best regards.
Gene.
marc shaw Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2008 6:52:46 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately the convection heating and air distributing parts, as well as most microwave parts for your oven are no longer available.

Gene.

Gene, we are replacing the Thermador MCM 255 in my house. Do you have the overall dimensions. We are trying to buy a new unit and we need to know both the inside and outside dimensions. Thanks for any help you can provide. Marc Shaw.
Gene Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 7:11:27 PM(UTC)

Unfortunately the convection heating and air distributing parts, as well as most microwave parts for your oven are no longer available.

Gene.
roxy Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 8:25:03 AM(UTC)

I have a old Thermador MCM255 - combo microwave/convection and double oven below.
Recently, my microwave doesn't work, now my convection oven does not work.
I changed out the fuse in the back but still doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Is it worth repairing an 23 year wall oven?
Thanks
Roxy:eek: