Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Jeff / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:32:00 AM(UTC)

Hello jmwr. It sounds like you have a weak igniter. You will need to test and see if there is 3.2-3.6 volts AC at the gas valve with the igniter turned on. If not, you will need to replace the igniter. If the proper voltage is there, you will need to replace the gas valve. You can test this with a multi-meter [AP3873826]. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. Hope this helps.http://forum.appliancepartspros...continuity-ohmmeter.html

Part number: AP4096256
jmwr Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:31:55 PM(UTC)

My Maytag, propane gas oven will not light. The lower burner has been slow in lighting recently, but would eventually light. Today, the pilot light would come on and stay on, but the burner would not light even after waiting about 15 to 20 mins. If I set the oven to broil, with the upper burner only, that would light. But if I set the broiler to come on for both the upper and lower burners, the oven would shut off. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong???

Thanks so much for any and all help!