Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2021 7:55:58 AM(UTC)

Carefully use a heat gun under the solenoid/auger motor panel to thaw out an ice build up.
GSOCSC Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 8:06:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: SDTim Go to Quoted Post
I had this same problem but without the smell.

-remove the ice bucket
-in the rear on the left side you wil see a square hole where the metal rod from the ice bucket rests
-you should be able to freely move the actuator up and down, if not use a little up and down pressure until it frees up

Done, now it dispenses cubed ice!

Thanks, worked for me also!
SDTim Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:35:38 AM(UTC)

I had this same problem but without the smell.

-remove the ice bucket
-in the rear on the left side you wil see a square hole where the metal rod from the ice bucket rests
-you should be able to freely move the actuator up and down, if not use a little up and down pressure until it frees up

Done, now it dispenses cubed ice!
woodchuckie Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 10:20:19 AM(UTC)

Unless you can see a loose wire connection on the solenoid and there is no noise coming from it when you try the dispenser, I would start with the solenoid.
jwayscue Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 8:49:46 AM(UTC)

nothing is moving at all .it is stuck in crushed ice position ..there are so many parts to go with this ..not sure what it needs..
woodchuckie Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 8:10:51 AM(UTC)

You have a solenoid switch It switches the dispenser back and forth from crushed to cube. It could be stuck or not working or the parts connecting it could be disconnected or broken. You will have to observe to see if any parts are moving and if any noise is coming from the solenoid. See the diagram and parts list of the dispenser here. Replacement parts for GE GSS20IEPHWW | AppliancePartsPros.com
jwayscue Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 7:04:01 AM(UTC)

Ice maker will despence crushed ice ..but will not do cubed ice...burning smell..also noticed part of augor blade broke