Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2022 10:12:42 AM(UTC)

I have a Magic Chef model # CGS3760ADW. The oven does not heat at all. I replaced the igniter and the temperature probe, it still isn't heating. The igniter does not glow at all. Rhe broiler and stove top burners work fine. What could the problem be?
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 11:35:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: jand Go to Quoted Post
:mad: My Magic Chef gas oven was working fine until the other day I went to heat it up and the temp never got over 100. I opened the oven and it was stone cold. It seemed like no gas was coming into it to ignite it. All of the burners work just fine though. It's always been a great oven. My husband says it's the ignitor but I need to know for sure. Thank You

JandD,

I have to agree with your husband, it's probably a weak glow bar igniter.

Part number: AP4012072
Part number: AP4012072

Basically, the igniter has to glow "white hot" and produce 3.2 to 3.6 amps or 3.2 to 3.6 VAC(a/c volts) to the bake burner valve, in order to open the internal switch, and release the gas.

You would need to use a multi meter, or clamp on amp probe meter, to test the circuit).

Usually, an igniter that glows to a orange or slightly red color is weak, and does not produce the proper VAC or amp draw.

Here's some meter usage information:

http://forum.appliancepartspros...continuity-ohmmeter.html

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
jand Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 9:23:12 AM(UTC)

:mad: My Magic Chef gas oven was working fine until the other day I went to heat it up and the temp never got over 100. I opened the oven and it was stone cold. It seemed like no gas was coming into it to ignite it. All of the burners work just fine though. It's always been a great oven. My husband says it's the ignitor but I need to know for sure. Thank You