Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
windrover0 Posted: Friday, November 9, 2007 5:27:47 AM(UTC)

Inherited an Amana LWD27AW in great cosmetic shape and (initially) good working order. However, after a few weeks, the motor began to have a hard time getting the tub spinning (now it is very noisy during spin) and often the motor shuts off (thermal breaker) before completing the spin cycle. Further investigation (on the internet) seemed to point to a needed hub & seal kit repair due to telltale brown staining on the inside of washer cabinet.
I have the following questions:
1) What is the approximate age of this washer?
2) Do the listed symptoms seem to indicated a needed hub & seal kit?
3) Due to it's age, what kind of upcoming repairs might I expect AND what would you recommend replacing in addition to the hub & seal kit at this time?
4) What specialized tools will I need to perform this repair?
5) Is there a service manual available online for this model? AND if not, can you give me an fairly detailed overview of the repair procedure so I can determine if I wish to undertake this job before I invest in the repair kit?
6) Is there preventative maintenance that will help prevent this from happening again in the near future?

Thank you.