Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:42:16 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: davidl2001 Go to Quoted Post
A Roper dishwasher Mod# WU3000Y1. Soap dispenser door will not open because it is physically hitting the lower rack. The dishwasher is empty, the utensil holder is not in the way. The soap door doesn't stick. When I open the dishwasher door the soap door opens fully, not a latch or bad hinge issue. The soap door latch opens at the right time but the door can't because it is hitting the front of the lower rack. It's in a rental I own and the previous tenants never complained about it. If I cut a space in the lower rack for the door to have room to open it would work. There is something I am not seeing. Help.

David,

Let's start all over again,

I don't think you have a problem. You should not have to cut the rack.

The detergent cup door does not open completely during the cycle. So it is normal to hear the door "pop" noise when you open the door and remove the dishes. As long as there is no detergent left in the cup, you're all right.

The theory/operation,
The cup lid latch is released, the door opens and hits the dishwasher rack tine and is held there at a 80 or 90 degree angle, the water being sprayed from the lower wash arm, splashes on the inside of the lid and washes the detergent from the cup.

I'm pretty sure, this will help you out.

:) :) :)
davidl2001 Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:13:56 PM(UTC)

I tried that. Same thing. Looks like I am going to have to cut a slot in the rack.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:14:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: davidl2001 Go to Quoted Post
A Roper dishwasher Mod# WU3000Y1. Soap dispenser door will not open because it is physically hitting the lower rack. The dishwasher is empty, the utensil holder is not in the way. The soap door doesn't stick. When I open the dishwasher door the soap door opens fully, not a latch or bad hinge issue. The soap door latch opens at the right time but the door can't because it is hitting the front of the lower rack. It's in a rental I own and the previous tenants never complained about it. If I cut a space in the lower rack for the door to have room to open it would work. There is something I am not seeing. Help.

David,

Try this,

Remove he lower rack, turn it around 180 dgrs. and put it back in.

Probably,
Someone removed it, and put it back in backwards.

:) :) :)
davidl2001 Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2011 10:08:50 AM(UTC)