Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 8:01:42 AM(UTC)

The gear wheel is broken and I’ve ordered a replacement. Can I use a wrench to turn the ram shaft to open the door to remove existing trash?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:40:07 PM(UTC)

I'm assuming you were able to remove the trash compactor from the cabinet. Remove the top cover (#2 on the diagram) and observe both power screws and power nuts (#1 & #13 on the diagram).

Post the results please.
casswhitten Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:18:41 PM(UTC)

the gears and chain are in good shape but I can't turn the ram drive. what do I do now
Gene Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 11:49:42 AM(UTC)

Ken,

It's written in the Owners manual (page 10) and you have to follow it.

Gene.
mtautoken Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:06:41 AM(UTC)

So what is different about the factory bags that can prevent this?

When the unit is near full or full, trash seems to go every where when you push the drawer back in and the trash is above the upper edge of the opening.

Ken
Gene Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 3:03:41 PM(UTC)

Ken,

You are welcome. I'm glad nothing broke. This is one of most common problems. Use only manufacturer authorized bags to prevent it.

Gene.
mtautoken Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:55:56 AM(UTC)

Thanks Gene,

A plastic bag got caught up in one of the screw drives where it threads through the nylon nut attached to the ram.

It was a bit of a challenge but hey who doesn't like a challenge from time to time.

Again thank you for your help.

Ken
Gene Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 4:26:13 PM(UTC)

Remove the trash compactor from the cabinet and put it on its side. Remove the bottom cover and check the chain and the gears. Lift the ram up by manually rotating the gear. Remove the container. Remove the top cover and check the power nuts and power screws. Replace all worn out parts.

Here are the break down diagrams and the parts list for the Jenn Air trash compactor Model TC507B

Gene.
mtautoken Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 6:35:10 AM(UTC)

The Ram is stuck in the down position, or so it seems. I can't open the door but a little. When its pluged in, it will try to enguage every so often. But it sounds like nothing is moveing, just a hum noise for about 2 seconds.

Thank you in advance for any help in repairing this unit.

By the way I am very capable in repairing almost anything, I just want a pro to get me going in the right direction befor I start