Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
alanfj Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:04:03 AM(UTC)

:)
Originally Posted by: TechnicianBrian Go to Quoted Post
If you open the drawer you will find two screws holding the control panel in place. Remove the screws, then lift up on the panel. Behind the panel is the direction switch that is actuated by an arm attached to the ram. This is what stops the unit at the top. See if the arm is bent on the ram and the switch. The switch has two positions so when you actuate the arm, you should rear two distinct clicks. A multimeter can be used to determine if the switch is working properly, but first verify it is being properly actuated.

The limit switch in addition to it's two way activation has an arm that needs to be bent and readjusted over time. For some reason the constant stress in the pushed in or off position gets out of adjustment. I have found this to be the case on many units.
Gene Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 5:33:18 PM(UTC)

You are welcome.

Gene.
Jeff C. Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 6:06:10 PM(UTC)

Thanks guys works like new. Checks in the mail!!!
Gene Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:50:54 PM(UTC)

Just to add my 2 cents...

Another cause could be the pushbutton switch if it's stuck in the "start" position. For the right part number we need the end of the model number.

Gene.
TechnicianBrian Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:36:01 PM(UTC)

If you open the drawer you will find two screws holding the control panel in place. Remove the screws, then lift up on the panel. Behind the panel is the direction switch that is actuated by an arm attached to the ram. This is what stops the unit at the top. See if the arm is bent on the ram and the switch. The switch has two positions so when you actuate the arm, you should rear two distinct clicks. A multimeter can be used to determine if the switch is working properly, but first verify it is being properly actuated.
Jeff C. Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:20:48 AM(UTC)

I have a Whirlpool Trash Compactor Model # TC8750. When the compactor reaches the top of the cycle it will thump till I hit the off button. What suggestions do you have?

Thanks,

Jeff Cowdrey