Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
philfrommaine Posted: Friday, November 9, 2007 11:56:28 AM(UTC)

I have the same model maytag MDB6650AWW. Dishwaher has power but cycle stopped cold in the middle of a drain cycle (I think - still some water in the tub). No electronic feedback to the key pad. Assuming its either the keypad itself or the control panel. Any feedback would be helpful.
richappy Posted: Monday, November 5, 2007 1:33:11 AM(UTC)

It may be just your drain pump working and not the main motor. In the wash mode, I would check for current to the start winding(the red wire to motor) and current to the run winding(yellow wire)If either of these is not drawing current, you have a bad control module.
It is possible both motor and control module is bad. It is hard to test motor without a motor tester. I would just replace the control module.
rschem Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2007 8:27:02 AM(UTC)

I just tested cap. It seems ok. Motor is reading 27 ohms should be 3-4 on terminals j8-j5 . I now believe motor is shot.
rschem Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:54:35 AM(UTC)

Dishwasher fills and pump seems to run but no water is moving.I checked the filter, impeller and coupler all seemto be a-1 condition.Could this be a bad capacitor?