Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, July 27, 2007 10:23:23 PM(UTC)

rtranfaglia
In such situation are possible two things: if there is cold inside the dryer at the end of the cycle there is no doubt the problem is a bad gas valve coils. Even their resistance reads as good they could malfunction after heat up.
If there is warm inside at the end of the cycle there is a problem with ventilation and if you did run the dryer with vent hose disconnected and result was the same then you have to take the dryer apart and clean all air ducts inside from the lint and make sure the blower wheel is fine.
Good luck.
Gene.
rtranfaglia Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:33:57 AM(UTC)

I have a Whirlpool Gas Dryer, model LGQ8800JQ1. It runs through entire cycle but clothes are not completely dry at the end and we need to run multiple cycle. I have checked the vent for blockage and run a cycle with it dosconnected, same result. I check continuity of most components as sugested and resistance of valve coils, all appears fine. What could be the issue?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:13:43 PM(UTC)

Wesley
Before we start to check the dryer parts I would like to know how you measured the power from the outlet? There's supposed to be a 120V across each of the hot wires and the neutral wire, and 240V across both hot wires. Please, double check it and then we will go from there.
Gene.
Wesley Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:54:40 PM(UTC)

I recently moved and had to hook up a 220 outlet for my dryer plugged it in and found it did not heat. I went down and reset the 30amp double pull breaker and still no luck. I tested the outlet with a meter and it read 120-124 on each hot wire and at the same at the terminal block. I am no electrical genius abd am not very confident on how to properly test omhs. I checked the power cord and showed 0 so that means that it is closed and good. NOt sure if I am saying it right. I also replaced the heating element. Still no heat. I am looking for advice on how to properly check the thermostats and fuse for continuty.