Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 11:56:01 PM(UTC)

I replaced all those parts and nothing
Gene Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:12:44 PM(UTC)

Sorry for the delay.

The most common cause for such problem is restricted air flow in the exhaust line. The first thing I would do is clean the exhaust line from the dryer all the way through the outlet.

Gene.
sun888 Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:02:30 PM(UTC)

Frigidaire 417.59012890 Clothes Dryer,

My dryer is not giving off as much heat as it's suppose to be. It started to take longer to dry the clothes.
The flame sensor ,the safety thermostat ,and the heat control thermostat are normally closed, I can see the glow from the ignit, and the ignitor appears to turn off after 10 secs.
I used a meter to check the igniter and the needle landed on the 3k OHMS , do I have to replace it?
Gene Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:41:18 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sun888 Go to Quoted Post
...only half closed...

Can you explain what did you mean?

What is the complete model number of the dryer?

Gene.
sun888 Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:46:01 AM(UTC)

Is the The igniter normally closed,or only half closed,I use the meter show only half. do I have to be replaced.
Gene Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 10:05:07 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: dyvikja Go to Quoted Post
...Dryer would heat intermitently for a while and now no heat... Starting to think I have a coil problem too...

Very possible the problem is a bad coils.

Gene.
dyvikja Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 6:57:30 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The very first post in this thread was about dryer which did not heat at all. It's very seldom for this coils to cause such problem.

Gene.

P.S. It's always better to create your own thread with full description on problem with YOUR appliance.

Gene, same problem for me. Dryer would heat intermitently for a while and now no heat. i checked continuity on ignitor, sensor, safety thermostat. All good. On the heat control thermostat i got continuity betwen the two wide pins (left and right). But there are also two close pins (up and down) where I did not get continuity. Should I have? Starting to think I have a coil problem too.
Gene Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 3:50:09 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: swrightsls Go to Quoted Post
...I'm curious why this part wasn't on the original list?...

The very first post in this thread was about dryer which did not heat at all. It's very seldom for this coils to cause such problem.

Gene.

P.S. It's always better to create your own thread with full description on problem with YOUR appliance.
swrightsls Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 7:06:10 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like the problem is a bad gas valve coils (#71 & #72 on the diagram).

- The coil kit Part number: AP2150379
Part number: AP2150379

Gene.

Thanks, I've ordered one now. I'm curious why this part wasn't on the original list? I'd rather replace this cheaper part than the two $40 parts I've already bought that were probably ok. (I suspect I tested the t-stat on too high a meter range, but perhaps it was sticky...) Oh well.
Gene Posted: Friday, April 16, 2010 12:49:18 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: swrightsls Go to Quoted Post
I have a similar issue. I replaced the ignitor first, and got intermittent heat for a while. I just replaced the control t-stat, and got heat for one or two loads, and now nothing. I can see the glow from the ignitor, but the gas flow does not seem to start, and the ignitor appears to turn off after 10 secs or so. With nearly $100 into this piece of junk, I'm ready to go back to electric. Hopefully you have some ideas that don't involve more parts...

ps:
#4 t-stat did fail the test when I removed it, but after carrying it in my pocket for a day, it tested ok again...

Thanks

Sounds like the problem is a bad gas valve coils (#71 & #72 on the diagram).

- The coil kit Part number: AP2150379
Part number: AP2150379

Gene.