Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 1:35:02 PM(UTC)

My oven won’t go on, I thought it was the igniter, changed it but nothing happened, what else could be, any suggestions?
Tonya.oneill Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:16:24 PM(UTC)

Hi, sounds like i'm having the same igniter issue but can't find a model number. Any suggestions on how to get the right replacement?
Rachel3333 Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2014 8:43:48 AM(UTC)

Hello I have a magic chef oven model CGR374OADW, I need to replace the ignitor. The top burners work but the inside stopped working after I did a self clean. Can you send me the model number for the ignitor and the over schematic? Thank you
akewldewd Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:58:03 AM(UTC)

1) The main problem I am having is the oven igniter glows bright orange. but won't light.

2) Also been having issues with range top burners... intermittently the ignitor wouldnt produce the sparks to light a burner. (no clicking noise)
broganspainting Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 6:04:01 PM(UTC)

I have a maytag oven model; MGR4451ADQ that will not light. I took off the door, took out the racks, and removed the floor board and heat shield. I turned the stove on and nothing lights up down below and no sound of gas either. Up top when I hit bake and pick a temp it looks like it's going to work, then makes a clicking sound (I'm assuming that is the thermometer engaging) and just reads 100 (for the temp) without making any other noises, no smell of gas, and nothing ignites or gets hot down below.

Please let me know your thoughts. . . .

Thanks, Andy
lauren2 Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 8:47:13 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: koohgar Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I have a Majic Chef gas oven that just decided to stop working and I'm hoping you might be able to remotely diagnos it. I can set the temperature control but the oven never reaches the set temperature. The ignitor glows a bright orange but the gas valve doesn't see to turn on and the burner doesn't ignite. That having been said, it must fire at some time beause the oven temp will climb to about 200F if I wait long enough. Also, when this happens, there is a slight gas smell. I'm guessing that the ignitor is bad/weak rather than the gas valve as the broiler still works. Can you provide any suggestions?
Doug

HOW DID YOU FIX???:(My oven seems to light and broil looks good but oven portion when set you smell gas and keeps at a low varying tempature after replacement of thermastat temp contol knob.What is making this happen still?Sounds like I have same problem here.
Ihaveaproblem Posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:17:50 PM(UTC)

I think i have the same problem, im not sure, though, any insight would be grateful, It wont light, i looked at it, i tried lighting the pilot, i took out the bottom cover, to get to it, but it wont light, and when i have the gas on, no gas, is coming out or my house would smell like it right now. the # on the door for the oven is 8114P351 60

Oh and the ignitor doesnt light up at all
number11 Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:00:34 PM(UTC)

Magic Chef 21EA-2KX. No igniter glow. I measured continuity and the igniter has continuity, but the bake valve does not (even on a high-ohms setting). The rest of the circuit seems to have continuity at least back to the terminal on the spark module. There's supposedly a fuse (which I can't find) in series with the igniter and bake valve, but I'm thinking it's got to be an open circuit in the bake valve. Does this sound right?

Bake valve is an NC-4125-5.
keithmregan Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 6:18:56 AM(UTC)

OOOOPS. Sorry about that didnt realize that you were affiliated with the site that sold the part and that this forum is supported by that. My bad.
Admin / APP Team Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2007 3:49:27 PM(UTC)

Keith,

You're welcome to post your repair questions any time. That's why we're here. This is a free service we are offering and we certainly would never make you purchase parts from us. But please, out of common courtesy, don't post links to our competitors.

I hope you understand.