Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bobboh Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 4:30:15 PM(UTC)

We have noticed this problem for over a couple of weeks.

I took the tempurature of the freezer and fridge. They are 41 for the fridge and 1 degree for the freezer.

I already cleaned the coils on the bottom of the refridgerator. They were'nt that dirty.
Admin / APP Team Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 4:11:28 PM(UTC)

It does sound like the defrost timer might be bad. When did you first notice that your fridge was always running?

Keep in mind that your refrigerator has a 16 hour timer. This means that it stays on for 16 hours, then off for 35 minutes to defrost. Most timers are 6-8 hours, which makes it easier to notice when the fridge turns off (goes into defrost). Try measuring the temperature inside both the fridge and the freezer section with a refrigerator thermometer and post your results here.

Breakdown diagrams for Model TPX21PRXDWW
bobboh Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 3:29:53 PM(UTC)

My refridgerator is constantly running. The tempurature in the freezer and the fridge seem to be ok. I am not using a thermostat. I have heard this could be a problem with my defrost timer or the cold control switch. How can I test this to be sure.