Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:35:53 PM(UTC)

Remove the plastic top and the clear plastic cover, then remove the 7/16 bolt with a ratchet and extension, then pull the agitator off, then stand on the base and yank the top off, then replace the agitator paws.
cary zerba Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 8:19:28 AM(UTC)

the mechanism (tranny?) agitator moves fine. the bottom plastic part of the agitator moves fine but the top is not. being a two piece i took the top off but i do not see any parts that could be bad so i'm lost. if there was a plastic gasket or something broken that would be easy to see but i just don't see anything wrong that would cause this. as i said, the motor is turning the thing correctly. the bottom is moving back and forth perfectly fine. i know the top doesn't move equally but it is not moving at all.
richappy Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 6:19:56 AM(UTC)

If the motor runs in agitate, but the entire agitator fails to move, I would remove the outer cabinet, and the pump and motor. Turn the tranny coupler counterclockwise and check if the agitator moves back and forth, if not, new tranny time.
deebee Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:07:31 PM(UTC)

Where would I begin to troubleshoot this? Is it worth fixing?(Think it's over fifteen years old. Any help woud be appreciated.
Thanks, Dave