Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 3:12:25 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I haven't tried it out yet since flipping it back, but do you think this fixed the problem?[/COLOR]
My guess would be yes but that is just a guess.
Only testing it will tell.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Dr-Greg Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 10:41:39 AM(UTC)

Thank you very much for the info. Yeah, AppliancePartsPros seems to not carry the cooktop in stock but Sears parts says they have it.

Regarding the lower-right burner, you were right. My simmer switch was flipped to the ON position. I haven't tried it out yet since flipping it back, but do you think this fixed the problem? I've never had a cooktop with a simmer switch before so I wasn't sure what it did exactly or which burner it applied to.

If thats the case then all I need to do is order a new glass cooktop and I'm set.
denman Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 1:46:02 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KESI901PBL00 30" SLIDE-IN ELECTRIC OVEN | AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the wiring diagram.

If you do not have the operators nmanual it can be downloaded from the Whirlpool site "Owner Center" use KESI01 to find it.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I'm guessing the whole glass top needs replaced?[/COLOR]
Yes.
Looks like all are out of stock which often translates to obsolete so you will have to call them.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
The same lower-right burner does not heat up to its full potential. Does that mean the burner needs replaced too? [/COLOR]
Looking at the wiring diagram it should be a 1800 watt single element but I am not 100% sure on this. The people at AppliancePartsPros will know.
You will see that it has a simmer switch so I would check that also odds are low heat could be the infinite control switch.
Elements usually either burn out or work.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Dr-Greg Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 1:12:05 AM(UTC)

I just bought a new home and it has a KitchenAid cooktop/oven combo model KESI901PBL00 - here are the problems that need solved:

1. The lower-right burner's glass is scratched to the point where a small chunk of the Schott Ceran glass is gone (about the size of a penny) And there are several other smaller dents. I'm guessing the whole glass top needs replaced?

2. The same lower-right burner does not heat up to its full potential. Does that mean the burner needs replaced too? I could not tell which of the burners available applied to this lower-right burner - they are all different wattages and I would need to know exactly which one is needed.

Thank you.